Minutes – December 2015

  • Apologies: None.
  • The decision made at last month’s meeting, to request that hashers open their beers as they take them from the coolers is still an issue, despite an announcement to this effect in the circle. A further announcement will be made on Monday and Mismanagement members agreed to reinforce the message individually.   ACTION: NMC
  • The issue of further LED lighting to be placed remotely from the beer truck is being progressed with the help of Linear Accelerator. Scar agreed to follow this up. In addition, VV will purchase two more LED lights for the beer truck to illuminate the sides.   ACTION: SCAR WITH 2TS, VV.
  • Liberace reported a good month financially with healthy profits and increased beer consumption.
  • Wank-King’s Wanker reported steady progress with the website upgrade.
  • VV gave the beer truck a clean bill of health.Sir Free Willy remains as efficient as ever with hares booked until the beginning of March.
  • Sir Free Willy reported that the hareline is full until the end of February 2016.
  • He was also comfortable with rag sales and stock levels.
  • Liberace reported no issues with the On On bars.
  • It was decided to run the Christmas hash in the same vein as last year with PH3 providing presents for cracks and kids. We will also book the San Miguel girls and provide 45 litres of dark San Miguel beer. At New Year, there will be a special raffle for the cracks with something gold to be won.
  • Following a decision made at a meeting on 5 August 2015 to pay Aussie PH3 hashers for shirts sold by Sir Bottomless Pit, any payments had been put on hold. The GM, having made an in depth investigation of the circumstances surrounding this matter, advised the meeting that responsibility for this unfortunate situation lay with both parties (Aussie PH3 hashers and PH3). In the light of this, the meeting agreed to pay the Aussie hashers a round figure, roughly half of what was outstanding. The matter is now closed. The Aussie PH3 hashers will be informed by email.   ACTION: NO MORE CUM
  • In the light of our experiences with the aforementioned shirts, the meeting decided that we should learn from any mistakes made and put in place a rigid set of guidelines for sponsorship in future. This will apply to all without prejudice.
    1.  PH3 will have sight of any proposed design on shirts or other items before printing or fabrication;
    2.  Sponsors’ logos will as always be limited to one logo on one sleeve;
    3.  Numbers of shirts or other items, sizes and colours will be at the discretion of the hares;
    4.  Sale or donation of items will be the responsibility of the hares. PH3 will not get involved;
    5.  The hares will be allowed to sell shirts or other items on the day of the run only. Any outstanding stock may be donated to the PH3, if so desired.
    6.  This guidance will be available for reference on our website.   ACTION: WANKING’S WANKER
  • The possibility of ordering 300 shirts in the same design as the 30 Years shirt has been under discussion for some time now. The meeting decided that the numbers required to make this proposition viable for Supervirgin in Norway were too great and threatened to become a financial burden. The idea was dropped.
  • The issue of liability for personal injury was raised by the GM. As nobody could answer this question, Emperor Airhead agreed to approach jack Levy for some advice.   ACTION: EMPEROR AIRHEAD.
  • Scar with 2Ts requested that a written record be made of the present policy to send out a copy of meeting minutes to all present for verification before publicising on the website. Wanking’s Wanker agreed not only to get these minutes on the website as soon as possible, but to also attach a copy to the hash sheet equally promptly.   ACTION: WANKING’S WANKER
  • It was also agreed that decisions on what might be considered to be far-reaching or important issues be raised at a meeting first , then announced in the circle prior to the next meeting and finally discussed at that meeting. This will allow interested parties to attend and have some input.
  • The matter of so-called “ghost writing” scribe reports has recently been raised. It was agreed that if anyone assists another in writing a report, that assistance should be acknowledged at the end of the report.

 NB: IF THERE IS AN ACTION AGAINST YOUR NAME, YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO HAVE MADE SOME PROGRESS AND REPORT THIS TO THE NEXT MEETING – NMC (GM)