Minutes – March 2016

  • Apologies: none.
  • From the minutes of the previous meeting, it was confirmed that fabrication of free standing lighting is in progress by Tampax and could be finished within 1 to 2 weeks.
    Various amendments to the website have now been completed by Wank-King’s Wanker and the matter has been dispensed with.
    Where Liberace and Scar with 2Ts have not been able to source a plaque to present to long-standing hash bars, Sir Free Willy took up the gauntlet and will report to the next meeting.
    ACTION: SIR FREE WILLY
  • Liberace reported that February has been a good month financially, despite extra expenditure on various items. While the average runners for the year is 84, February’s figure stands at 85. The beer consumption was up per head. This was put down to the extra long circle held for the Buddha day.
    The yearly report for 2015 was healthy and books balanced up. Profits were above budget and the number of sign ups had increased.
  • Wank-King’s Wanker reported that the structure and tables for the new database are complete and that the templates are due next. He is looking at the middle of the year for completion.
  • VV reported that the tax for the beer truck is due this month and reminded the meeting that the book is kept with Jack Levy, if it is ever required. The truck itself has sustained minor damage affecting 2 panels, while hired out to the PDRH3. No More Cum agreed to obtain 4000 baht from Linear Accelerator to cover this.            
    ACTION: NO MORE CUM
  • SFW was able to confirm that the Aussie Run would take place as normal this year. Liberace was also able to confirm that the Norwegian Run would also take place.
  • SFW is having a repeat line of the “army” shirt produced, as it is a one-colour design and sells well.
  • Liberace explained that Jamesons could no longer provide us with free food after runs due to cuts in expenditure. Kim Fletcher, disappointed at being unable to put on his usual fine spread, was unwilling to lower his standards and offer something less appealing. We will continue to return to Jamesons after the run and gauge the level of interest, before making a decision on whether to keep it on the rota. In the meantime We fully understand this decision and would like to express our gratitude and appreciation for many years of support from Jamesons and from Kim Fletcher in particular. VV agreed to check for alternatives.
    ACTION: VV
  • The St Patrick’s Day run will include a special raffle for a 1 litre bottle of Jamesons whiskey. There will also be another litre bottle available for shots on the beer truck. Pea and ham soup will also be on offer from the hares.  
    As the 1700th run is approaching fast, it was proposed that the PH3 sponsor it in some way. Mental Disorder came up with the idea of an embroidered bath towel. He agreed to come up with some costings for the next meeting.
    ACTION: MENTAL DISORDER
  • The question of a new hash bus was resurrected by No More Cum, with the suggestion that we involve a local charity, so that both parties can benefit. The idea was shelved until the next meeting until Baht Bus Gestapo and Liberace have had time to visit the Chief Abbot to make enquiries re The Black Pearl.
  • Following a recent problem with shirt sizes for Survivor shirts, it was agreed that the shirt in question would be reproduced in a larger size at no cost to the recipient. This is the first time we have had this problem. It was also agreed that SFW should advise future recipients to err on the side of caution, in order to avoid a recurrence. VV was advised to source a suitable award for his “140 Hares” and the PH3 would get it suitably embroidered.
  • The hashsheet will in future be printed out by VV and Tampax, once WW has forwarded the file.
  • Scar with 2Ts reminded the meeting that dogs were allowed on the PH3. The stipulation is that they are trained. If not, they should be kept on a lead. On no account are dogs allowed in the circle. It is hoped that common sense will prevail regarding the transportation of dogs on baht buses.
  • Liberace rightly reminded those who run the circle to include visitors and to avoid involving the same people repeatedly. VV agreed to reintroduce the crates for standing the blocks of ice on, so that people suffering with bad backs would find it easier to sit.
  • The idea of buying a shredder was dismissed, as nobody had experienced any difficulty in obtaining cheap shredded paper or even customized strips.
  • Tampax agreed to allow the beer truck to be parked at his place during the month of June this year, while VV is in Europe.

 NB: IF THERE IS AN ACTION AGAINST YOUR NAME, YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO HAVE MADE SOME PROGRESS AND REPORT THIS TO THE NEXT MEETING – NMC (GM)