Pattaya H3

PH3 Mis-Management Meeting
Minutes of Meeting - Wednesday, December 5th 2018

<< Minutes Index Page

Attendence:  Ball Ringer, Dirt Looney, Jackal, Liberace, Menstrual Disorder, No More Cum, Paprika Smiley, The Wizard, VV, Wank-King's Wanker

Recorded by:  The Wizard

Minutes of Meeting

  • Apologies:   General Kidney Wiper, Mental Disorder
  • Previous Minutes:   Read and approved.
  • Bookie Report:   The club's finances remain in a healthy condition, showing a cash surplus of just over 14,000 B for the month; this is despite an increase in the average beer consumption for the month. Average sign ups for the month are down on the same period last year but still at a very healthy level.
  • Webmaster Report:   Due to difficult personal circumstances there has been no significant progress on the website this month. Normality should be resumed this month. However it was reported that the invoice for web hosting showed an unexpected increase of 2,500 B for the year. ACTION: Wank-King's Wanker to investigate why the increase and report back next month.
  • Brew Master Report:   VV reported that a minor oil leak on the beer truck had to be repaired in the previous week and that he is still pursuing ongoing repairs to the false plywood floor of the truck. He also requested some assistance in designing the new banner for the truck. ACTION: WKW to assist with banner design. VV also reported a growing number of beer cans being left around the beer truck and A site at the end of proceedings still containing significant amounts of beer; this is wasteful and hashers will be reminded of this at the next circle. ACTION: VV to make circle announcement at upcoming runs.
  • Hare Raiser Report:   The February hareline was opened at the last run and was full by the end of the day. Thanks to everyone that volunteers to hare.
  • Rags Report:   Nil to report
  • On-on Bars Report:   No problems to report, all is going well with healthy attendances. the Blue Heeler will be used twice in succession, New Year's Eve and 7th Jan (35th anniversary run)
  • Special Runs:
    • The Belgian Run - A limited run shirt design was approved as was a request for extra ice for the circle as there will be in excess of 10 hares (names given to WKW). The hares will be sponsoring A site food.
    • Christmas Day Run - As previously approved Mental/Menstrual Disorder to procure gifts for ladies on this run.
    • New Year's Eve Run - nothing of note.
    • 35th Anniversary Run - All planning is on schedule, early sign ups closed on 26th Nov with 144 sign ups. Projected attendance on the day is circa 180. Financial report given by Dirt Looney, no issues or concerns, but a new budget forecast will be provided within the next week or so. ACTION: Dirt Looney to update budget forecast and distribute to Liberace/GM. A special meeting solely to discuss ongoing arrangements for this run has been called for 19 Dec, 16.00 hrs at Nicky's. ACTION: The Wizard to email all those concerned ref the meeting.
  • Other Business:
    • VV told us that he could be summoned to his doctor in Belgium at very short notice, possibly for an extended period of time. In this instance No More Cum will take over Beer Truck duties, but only in the short term until a more long term replacement can be found, if required.
    • Dirt Looney enquired about the possibility of procuring a new camera for the use of hash flash, as the present model is showing a decline in performance due to old age. It was agreed that a new robust (waterproof) camera was required. The Wizard volunteered his personal camera to the club on the proviso that it was waterproof (Edit: Unfortunately it is not). Further discussion/approval required before a new camera is bought.
    • Ball Ringer reported that he had received compliments on behalf of the most recent hash flash as there were more pictures than usual depicting the trail/scenery. Recommended that the camera be taken on trail (with runners) more often.
    • Liberace expressed his concerns over the lack of deputies for crucial positions on the committee with special reference to the Webmaster. It was accepted that Phantom had previously taken on this responsibility and has access to the website if required. ACTION: WKW to confirm with Phantom his willingness to carry on in this role. It was also mentioned that with the change of GM approaching, a new joint GM should be sought to support The Wizard in his forthcoming role. ACTION: The Wizard to actively seek a volunteer for this position.
    • The Jackal stated that on Nov 26th, after an unsanctioned announcement in a previous circle regarding a 'Party Bus' that the majority of hashers on this 'designated bus' were smoking grass throughout the journey back to Pattaya after the circle. It should be made very clear to all hashers that smoking of grass in or around the circle (50 meters exclusion area) or on the baht buses is not allowed under any circumstances. The GM made an announcement to this effect in the circle some weeks ago but there was some confusion over what was said. For clarification: there is no designated party bus. There will be at least one bus designated for non smokers. Hashers breaking the rules regarding smoking grass will be faced with an immediate one month exclusion from PH3. Should there ever be repeat offending they will be dealt with formally by the committee. ACTION: The GM to reiterate this policy at the next circle.
    • It was also reported that General Kidney Wiper will be relinquishing his position of taking sign ups as due to personal circumstances his attendance at hash can no longer be guaranteed. Ball Ringer kindly agreed to take up this position as and when GKWs circumstances dictate.
  • New Business:
    • No New Business

Meeting closed and looking forward for another great month of hashing.

<< Minutes Index Page

Leaving content-ph3-mtg-minutes-post.php

';

   Pattaya H3

PH3 Mis-Management Meeting
Minutes of Meeting - Wednesday, November 7th 2018

<< Minutes Index Page

Attendence:  Ball Ringer, Dirt Looney, Jackal, Jack Wow, Liberace, Mental Disorder, No More Cum, The Wizard, VV, Wank-king's Wanker

Recorded by:  Mental Disorder

Minutes of Meeting

  • Apologies:   General Kidney Wiper, Menstrual Disorder
  • Previous Minutes:   Minutes from last meeting read and passed.
  • Bookie Report:   We have had a good month. Beer consumption is down.
  • Webmaster Report:   Web upgrading going well. A bit of a delay as the Webmaster is moving house. All good.
  • Brew Master Report:   VV very happy. Will be away for a week in Belgium. No More Cum to drive the beer truck on the 12th November. A dent in the tailgate of beer truck; No More Cum to investigate with PH3.
  • Hare Raiser Report:   Hare line full till end on January. All good.
  • Rags Report:   All good.
  • On-on Bars Report:   To go back to 4 bars as now high season.
  • Special Runs:
    • 35th Year Anniversary - Shirt and patch approved. Banner approved.
    • Christmas Run - Menstrual Disorder to buy presents for harriettes and children at 200 Baht each.
  • Other Business:
    • Calendar for 2019 approved.
    • The committee considered the proposal of a free or subsidized run for the Hash Flash but decided against this. Instead agreed that on a annual basis that up to 5 non committee members, selected by the committee would be recognized for contributions to the club ‘Behind the Scenes‘. The recognition would be in the form of a gift or cash up to the value of 1000 Baht each. This to be done at the AGM Run in January.
    • For anyone that wants to smoke on the Baht bus they must ask all others on the Baht bus if okay. If not you are not to smoke on the Baht bus. Smoking grass in the circle is not allowed. Violators to receive a 1 month Ban from the hash.
  • New Business:
    • No New Business

Meeting closed and looking forward for another great month of hashing.

<< Minutes Index Page

Leaving content-ph3-mtg-minutes-post.php

';

   Pattaya H3

PH3 Mis-Management Meeting
Minutes of Meeting - Wednesday, October 3rd 2018

<< Minutes Index Page

Attendence:  Ball Ringer, Dirt Looney, Jack Wow, Liberace, Paprika Smiley, The Wizard, VV, Wankings Wanker

Recorded by:  The Wizard

Minutes of Meeting

  • Apologies:   General Kidney Wiper, Mental Disorder, Menstrual Disorder
  • Previous Minutes:   Read and agreed. No matters arising.
  • Bookie Report:   A deficit of 15,500 baht this month was due to low numbers of sign ups combined with the expense of staging the Veterans run and the purchase of stock for rags. However there is no cause for concern as this loss was not unexpected.
  • Webmaster Report:   Ongoing progress with the reconstruction of the website, slower than anticipated this month, but again no cause for concern.
  • Brew Master Report:   Insurance for the beer truck to be paid before the end of this month, minor repairs to the truck seen to by VV. VV will also begin to accumulate extra stock of drinks in anticipation of the onset of the high season and the upcoming Octoberfest run which traditionally attracts a very high number of sign ups.
  • Hare Raiser Report:   December hare line has just been opened, no issues to report.
  • Rags Report:   Reported by Liberace that stock levels are at about 90,000b. Discussions will be held with the rags master regarding trying to move old or slow moving stock. No other issues.
  • On-on Bars Report:   Agreed that we should revert to using our usual 4 on -on bars at the end of October. Using only 2 bars for the last 8 weeks or so has been considered a success. A request from the hares to use a different bar (in Soi 6) after the Octoberfest run was approved.
  • Special Runs:
    • Octoberfest Run will have food sponsored by the hares (currently 8) and the committee approved the design for a shirt that the hares will produce and supply in limited numbers. The usual A site for this run can be used again after a period when it has been unusable, but will take some work by the hares to bring it up to standard. VV will be assisted by Velcro Dick in transporting food, drink and equipment for this run.
    • After 2 years without a Halloween run it will be reintroduced to the calendar this year. Prizes for the best fancy dress will be provided, details to be confirmed with the Rags Master.
    • There will be a special run for Guy Fawkes Night (5-11), details to be confirmed with Sir Free Willy (hare).
    • Dirt Looney provided a detailed report on the provisional Budget for the 35th anniversary event. Good progress has been made in all areas of planning this month and there are no outstanding problems to be dealt with. Early sign ups have already exceeded 50, so the initial target of 100 early sign ups is well within reach. With the agreement of the regular Hare Raiser, Dirt Looney and The Wizard will take responsibility for the hares for this run.
  • Other Business:
    • Proposal from Liberace, carried over from last month, 'as from the next AGM, the GM should be offered a free run'. As this had been discussed but not voted on last month, those present were invited to share their views before a vote was taken. The result was 6 in favour, 1 against and 2 abstentions (including 4 proxy votes), so the proposal was carried.
    • Dirt Looney asked if the full list of the Mis-management committee could be displayed on the website. This area of the website is still under construction but the list will eventually be available on line.
    • Liberace wanted to consider a subsidised run for the hash flash, a proposal will be brought to the table for the next MMM.
    • Jack Wow asked for clarification on the policy of smoking on the Baht buses. When on private hire it is not illegal to smoke on the BB, but it was suggested that should anyone feel the need to smoke whilst on the BB they should seek the approval of other passengers, as a matter of courtesy. This was not unanimously agreed and will need further discussion before a decision can be made. Likewise with the issue of passengers sitting on the floor of the bus when seats are available.
    • The Wizard suggested a change of location for the MMM as the long standing connection with Jameson's Bar no longer exists. It was agreed that in the future we will convene at Nicky's Bar, who will be happy to accommodate us.
    • The Wizard suggested that due to the shortening of the days (becoming dark around 6pm) that the timing of our hashes should be brought forward by 30 minutes to reduce the possibility of runners returning to the A site in the dark. This was agreed, starting on 22-10, with the understanding that the circle will start and finish 30 minutes earlier also. We will make online and circle announcements to ensure everyone is aware of the change to our regular schedule.
    • VV had an enquiry regarding the hares for the next run which was dealt with.
  • New Business:
    • No New Business

Meeting closed and looking forward for another great month of hashing.

<< Minutes Index Page

Leaving content-ph3-mtg-minutes-post.php

';