Mismanagement Meeting of Wednesday, August 5th 2015
Ball Ringer, Crapper, Liberace, Lone Wolf, Mental Disorder, Piss Poorer, Sheik Meme, Sir Free Willy, VV, Wank-King's Wanker
Recorded by: Wank-King's Wanker
Not PH3 CMS content template.
- Bookies Report – Despite low run numbers last month we had a surplus and the economy is healthy. So far we are nearly 20,000 Baht above profit target. Average runners per run: 56 last month, 69 year to date vs 70 last year and annual target of 71 per run. Shirts and rags stock inventory correct; sales good, stock value 67,500 Baht. Beer consumption 134 per person year to date and 16 baht per person under budget, 8600 Baht profit for Aussie Run.
- Webmaster Report – Weekly website and database is being produced slightly faster after last months hardware upgrade work towards automating certain tasks. This was possible because over the last eighteen month we have been setting the stage for database integration and full site automation. We should expect to see improvements month to month now as we progress the project. Time before completion indeterminate until we define tasks to complete as we go along, but think several months not a few. This is a huge task and will be done while normal workload remains much the same.
- Brewmaster Report – VV has returned from his annual leave and resumed his duties as Brewmaster, All mechanical repair and maintenance work is now complete. The truck looks great, operates well and lighting has been tuned for the evening circle. The raised bed in the rear of the truck has begun to deteriorate and should be repaired or replced; VV will be getting estimates for this work. A special thanks goes out to Mental and Menstrual Disorder who did a fine job over the period – Thank you for stepping up and helping out the PH3. Thank you Sir Free Willy for garaging the truck and for general assistance to M&MD.
- Hareraiser Report – The hareline is full excepting nine dates until the AGM in January.
- Rags Report – Ten overstock Aussie shirts taken into inventory paid in full at delivery. Supervirgin will impot 300 Thirty Year Shirts later this month. We will purchase them as stock depletes in lots of 50 Shirts. This limits our lump sum cost and helps with storage problems. Thank you Supervirgin for producing the shirts and especially for floating the stock cost; we operate as usual with limited liquidity.
- On-on Bars – We now operate with five bars. WKW will introduce Liberace to the bar owners and to discuss with them how they prefer to be contacted. The Hash Calendar will be revised to reflect the changed bar rota.
- The Aussie Run -A great day out in spite of a few early sprinkles. The barbecued sausages were outstanding Thanks to VV at the grill and the Aussies who entirely sponsored the food. Raffle prizes donated by hares with all takings to the PH3. Eleven Shirts sold on the day at 450 Baht with 59 Baht going to PH3. All participants agreed it was a success yet again this year.
- Veterans’ Run – Although this run occurs in September it will occur before the next meeting. All qualifying runners (ie those who have completed 26 runs since the last Veterans’ Run) will run for free. WKW has spoken to the hares and there will be no special shirt issued. So far 33 runners have already qualified and the best guess is that the final total will be 37 which compares to 38 last year. Some who have qualified are not in country so plan on about 25 run-for-free.
- Oktoberfest Run – Scheduled for 19th October, VV proposed that sme level of sponsorship as last year – about 5000 Baht as I recall. Rather than use German Beer, VV suggested we use a special deal from San Miguel with SMB (not Light) to be handled by San Mig serving girls. Also feature will be imported cheese from three countries. Details will develop as we get closer to the date.
- Emperor Airhead will be away in the US until mid-September. It was suggested that Lord CF come and lend a hand with RA duties during that time. Irrespective, Sheik Meme will be the headline RA during EA’s absence.
- Aussie Run 2014 T-Shirts – Last year as for all previous years the Aussies designed a commemorative shirt for their annual Aussie Run. The ANZAC centenary shirt sold well on the day but there was still overstock. In the past PH3 would purchase the shirts and sell them over the year. Last year we were experiencing low liquidity and we felt it was not possible to outlay for 43 shirts. Sir BP made an arrangement where the Aussies would float the value of the shirts over the coming year and he would from time to time reimburse the cost of the shirts to them. As he sold them the PH3 received 50 Baht for each shirt sold. When the Aussies arrived they informed us they had received no money from SBP. A lively discussion took place with both sides laid out. Eventually a motion was presented where the PH3 would float SBP the money and promptly give it to the Aussies. A debit for the amount would be placed on the books to be repaid by SBP at such time as he was available. The motion carried. Liberace abstained from the vote and voiced his disagreement with the compromise.
NB: IF THERE IS AN ACTION AGAINST YOUR NAME, YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO HAVE MADE SOME PROGRESS AND REPORT THIS TO THE NEXT MEETING – NMC (GM)