PH3 Mis-Management Meeting
Minutes of Meeting - Wednesday, August 7th 2019
Attendence: The Wizard, Liberace, Wank-King’s Wanker, Ball Ringer, VV, Sour Kraut Bone Collector, French Kiss, Sir Free Willy, Dirt Looney, Jackal, Unstable Load, Cannonball
Recorded by: The Wizard
Minutes of Meeting
- Apologies: nil
- Previous Minutes: Read and approved. It was noted that the Aussie run went well despite some concerns prior to the run.
- Bookie Report: Liberace reported that the finances remain in a healthy state, with a cash surplus for the month. Average number of sign ups is 3 more than the corresponding period last year and beer consumption is back to expected levels after a recent spike in the average.
- Webmaster Report: Wank-King’s Wanker gave a comprehensive report on the state of the website and database. Having recruited Dirt Looney to assist should facilitate progress, one of the significant aims being to modernise sign ups and record keeping. Thanks to Dirt Looney for offering his services.
- Brew Master Report: VV had nothing to report as all is in order.
- Hare Raiser Report: Sir Free Willy advised us on the hare line which is also in good shape, a couple of runs open in October. Also discussed was the improvement in communications between hares and the Hare Raiser/Webmaster.
- Rags Report: Sour Kraut Bone Collector told us that stock levels were good although, not unexpectedly, sales have been slow. Since the last meeting he has been unable to source good quality, affordable coolers, he will refer to SFW for his previous source.
- On-on Bars Report: Liberace stated that were no problems or issues with the On On bars.
- Special Runs:
- The Wizard produced images of 2 towels which were for consideration as gifts for the upcoming Veteran’s Run. The committee voted on one which will be produced (60) and given away on the said run, to all qualifying hashers.
- Preparations for Antique’s Birthday Hash are proceeding well. In anticipation of a high number of virgins that will be attending this run, TW will procure a list of all the virgins names in advance, to ease the sign up process. There were some concerns expressed regarding the possible problems with Antiques preferred food choice of a spit roast pig (edit: since the meeting Antique has requested that VV prepare a BBQ instead of the pig).
- Other Business:
- WKW reported that after a suggestion last month that hashers should be recognised for bringing virgins to the runs that monitoring these numbers would prove problematic, thus it was decided to hold this issue in abeyance until such time as the database is fully updated.
- Dirt Looney asked whether further consideration had been given to purchasing a new camera for the use of hash flash as the current camera is failing in some of its operations. TW will report back to the committee with suitable replacements.
- VV told us that it was necessary for him to introduce a small increase to the price of the sandwiches that he supplies. This increase of 10 baht is the first increase for 6 years and only necessary due to the fact that his regular supplier of bread has closed down and he now has to pay more for his bread.
- Unstable Load enquired as to the protocol for awards for exceptional achievements, such as Emperor Airhead’s 1500th run. It was affirmed that it is normal for a special award to be made in conjunction with the run shirt.
- Liberace asked the committee how long he was expected to keep old receipts and redundant paperwork for, as after 7 years in the role he still retained everything. It was agreed that anything over 2 years old could be safely disposed of.
- Ball Ringer led a discussion on an apparent trend of there being an increased number of hares for each run. It was agreed that at this stage it is not a major concern for the club at this time, however the situation was worth monitoring.
- TW reported that the ‘Beer Police’ had concerns about ‘one for the road’ being abused by a very small number of individuals and had sought approval to open all beers being dispersed at the end of the circle. It was decided that efforts would be made to challenge individuals rather than compromise everyone at the end of the circle. If there has been no significant progress in this matter then it will be revisited at next month’s meeting.
- TW proposed that a second beach social for the year be organised, as we are doing well financially and would like to ‘give back’ to the members who have supported us through the last 6 months. This was agreed upon and a date set for Weds 2 October. VV anticipated some logistical problems from his perspective but was assure of as much support as would be required.
- TW thanked everyone for their attendance and contributions to another productive meeting.
- New Business:
- No New Business
Meeting closed and looking forward for another great month of hashing.