PH3 Mis-Management Meeting
Minutes of Meeting - Monday, January 6th 2020
Attendence: The Wizard, Liberace, Wank Kings Wanker, Sperm Polluter, Flatulence, VV, Unstable Load, Scar, Dirt Looney, Ballringer, Pussy Snatcher, Paprika Smiley, Ging Gang Goolies, Stupid Kraut Cunt.
Recorded by: The Wizard
Minutes of Meeting
- Apologies: Sour Kraut Bone Collector
- Previous Minutes: For the record: this is the first meeting after the second enforced break to hashing due to Covid 19 restrictions. Our last run was No. 1907 on 28/12/2020.
Read and approved. No matters arising.
- Bookie Report: Liberace first reported on the month of December, which showed a deficit of over 11,000 baht, but in the context of considerable extraordinary expenses for the month (Web Hosting renewal, PH3 Calendar, Xmas gifts) this was expected and acceptable. Moving forward with some figures for the year, we were informed that income derived from Rags and Raffle was down on the previous year, but the raffle still made a profit of approximately 65,000 b. Lib commended the beer police and VV for their work in regulating beer consumption, adding that average beer consumption was more or less exactly as per his budget at 170 baht per person. Over all, the club shows an operating loss of around 11,000 b for the year. This was agreed to be quite remarkable in view of our reduced income (due to Covid restrictions) and our continuing sponsorship of regular PH3 events.
Lib finished by acknowledging not only those that work on behalf of the club but also those who support the club by means of their regular attendance.
- Webmaster Report: WKW began by explaining that he was gradually withdrawing from some of his roles that have generally been encompassed by the title of Webmaster. He has already, earlier in the year, handed over the day to day update of the ‘front end’ of the website to Dirt Looney, and also On Site records to Flatulence. Now he stated his intention to relinquish responsibilities for the database, and indeed the ongoing project to update the database after many years working on it. WKW stated that he would like to carry on as Hash Sheet Editor and some involvement with the security of the website. A new Database manager would need to be found. The Wizard expressed his disappointment at the timing of WKWs announcement as the subject of the formulation of the committee for 2021 had been under discussion for the last 2 months. Pussy Snatcher suggested that he may be able to offer assistance with the database and it was agreed to discuss this further, informally, at the end of the meeting. WKW was asked to confirm whether the upgrade to the database was completed yet as he had stated at the last meeting that it would be by this time. Further problems had beset the work and the upgrade has not been completed.
- Brew Master Report: VV reported that there were still some repairs needed to the truck, ie some welding, the tailgate lock. He has already procured new boards for the false base of the truck. As mentioned in the last meeting, a couple of the eskies are no longer serviceable and new ones acquired; the old ones would be made available for free to anyone who wished to collect them from VV. He also added that during the current restrictions, he would need to drive the beer truck once a week to keep the battery from draining.
- Hare Raiser Report: At the time of the imposition of restrictions the Hare Line was full. Spastic Whore King and Golden Rivet who were scheduled to hare the first run cancelled by the restrictions had indicated that they would be happy to step forward at short notice to hare upon short notice of a resumption of hashing.
- Rags Report: In the absence of SKBC, TW read out the rags report. Stock levels as expected; the viability of stocking women’s tops questioned and the invitation to buy excess stock from PJH3 made. It was agreed to defer all meaningful discussion n these matter until SKBC is in attendance.
- On-on Bars Report: No issues to report. All of our bars are looking forward to our return.
- Special Runs:
- The AGPU scheduled for the last Monday in January will be rescheduled as and when appropriate.
- Other Business:
- TW – invited comments on last month’s proposal regarding the election of the committee for 2021. There was a brief discussion regarding the position of Webmaster in the light of WKW’s recent announcement. However, to progress the issue it was suggested that in the short term WKW continue in this committee position. It was put forward that Database Manager be a Non-Executive committee position, as and when the position is filled. Nonetheless the new committee was unanimously voted in as per last month’s proposal. There had no expressions of interest from anyone other than the incumbent members.
- Dirt Looney reported that over the year the effort to collect coins for the Take Care Kids Foundation, in conjunction with Nicky’s, had realised the grand total of 12,101 baht. It was acknowledged that this was an outstanding effort. Thanks were given to everyone that supported the cause and especially to DL for facilitating the whole process.
- DL explained that with the resumption of NOSH Runs (Non-Official Hash) he would create a space on the website to provide relevant information. TW will ensure the same info is published on Fbook. Furthermore, if other members other than the regular ‘hares’ were willing to contribute to the laying of a Nosh trail they would be welcome to do so. In this event they should contact the Hare Raiser.
- Lib expressed his dissatisfaction with the present Web Hosting company, Site Ground, based on lack of communication, increasing prices and early payments being taken without notice. However, we have paid in full for 2021 now, so we will have sufficient time to investigate if there are viable alternatives for future years.
- New Business:
- NEXT MEETING: 3 February, 16.00hrs, Nicky’s. This meeting may be rescheduled, dependant on Covid restrictions
- MEETING CLOSED: 17.12 hrs. TW thanked everyone for their contributions today and throughout the previous year. Happy New Year.
Meeting closed and looking forward for another great month of hashing.