PH3 Mis-Management Meeting
Minutes of Meeting - Wednesday, June 5th 2019
Attendence: Ball Ringer, Dirt Looney, Ging Gang Goolies, Jackal, Liberace, Sausage Head, Sir Free Willy, SKBC, The Wizard, Unstable Load, VV, Wank-King's Wanker
Recorded by: The Wizard
Minutes of Meeting
- Apologies: none
- Previous Minutes: Read and approved. No outstanding matters.
- Bookie Report: Liberace produced his budget forecast for 2019 which indicates a potential cash surplus of 38,400 baht for the year. In addition, the monthly figures were presented which again showed a healthy state of affairs with a small cash surplus for May. This is despite an exceptionally high average beer consumption for the period (in itself this is not a cause for concern at the moment but warrants our attention in coming months).
- Webmaster Report: WKW offered no report other than citing an urgent requirement for confirmation of the A site for run 1841.
- Brew Master Report: VV reported that there were no issues other than a small number hashers continually attempting to take more than one beer ‘for the road’ at the end of the circle. In an effort to control this more effectively VV and Unstable Load will revert to wearing ‘Beer Police’ jackets at the conclusion of the circle when they supervise the eskies. An announcement will be made in upcoming circles to this effect.
- Hare Raiser Report: SFW reported that there were 2 dates open in August. He also mentioned that traditionally September has been a tricky month for finding hares, but at this point there was no need for undue concern or action. TW agreed to hare the Veterans Run. With consideration to the problems encountered last year it was agreed that should Colonel Cornhole wish to fulfil his commitment to hare in July, the hare raiser will need confirmation and details of Co hares and A site by the next MMM in July.
- Rags Report: SKBC reported that sales have dropped off in the last couple of weeks, this is not unexpected. Stock levels are good, other than for beer coolers. SKBC will attempt to source suitable items as the previous supplier was no longer considered suitable.
- On-on Bars Report: All is going well and attendance figures are still healthy, although as we approach the coming months of the low season consideration may be given to reducing the rota of on on bars from 4 to 2, as was done last year.
- Special Runs:
- TW informed everyone that there were no plans to replace Mental Disorder who had been serving on the committee as Special Runs Co Ordinator, the work would be undertaken by the committee as a whole.
- German Run – food will be sponsored by the hares. Commemorative shirts are available by pre-order (at 250 b) and a maximum of 10 additional shirts will be produced for sale on the day by Rags (at 400 b).
- US Independence Day Run – a request for sponsorship of 2,500 baht was approved. Everything else was under control.
- Belgian Run – no details as of yet.
- Aussie Run – with the absence of representatives from this run at the meeting, SFW reported on his communications with hare/s. The committee agreed that clarification was needed on several issues, namely the production/sale of shirts, the raffle, coin auction, the excessive number of hares being proposed, food and sponsorship. TW will email KAM (lead hare) to seek clarification on these matters.
- Other Business:
- VV - After his recent trip to Belgium it is possible that VV may have to go back at short notice, which means that we should be attempting to find a back up for his position without any delay.
- WKW – a volunteer to take over ‘On Site Records’ is required (previously a role undertaken by Menstrual Disorder).
- Ball Ringer – Do we need to make more effort to promote ourselves at this time of year via posters etc, especially in our On On bars? It was discussed and considered to be worthwhile, TW will distribute advertising materials over the next few weeks.
- Dirt Looney – confirmation that PH3 will meet the expenses for inviting General Kidney Wiper from Bangkok for the recent Scotch on the Rocks Run. Agreed.
- Everyone was thanked for their attendance and contributions to another constructive meeting. He also reported that volunteers are required to assist with a few on site jobs, namely assisting with sign ups, and on-site records (until Menstrual Disorder returns. Assistance was requested to find members to fill these roles asap.
- New Business:
- No New Business
Meeting closed and looking forward for another great month of hashing.