PH3 Mis-Management Meeting
Minutes of Meeting - Wednesday, March 6th 2019
Attendence: Ball Ringer, Emperor Airhead, French Kiss, Jack Wow, Liberace, No More Cum, Scar W/2T's, Sour Kraut Bone Collector, The Wizard, VV, Wank-King's Wanker, Unstable Load
Recorded by: The Wizard
Minutes of Meeting
- Apologies: Menstrual Disorder, Mental Disorder
- Previous Minutes: Read and agreed as true. No matters arising
- Bookie Report: Liberace provided us with a report for the year 2018 which ended with a net profit of just under 11,000 baht. Sign ups for the year were slightly down on 2017 as was income from Rags and Raffle, however costs in these two areas were also reduced. Everyone agreed that 2018 had been a successful year for PH3. Subsequently Liberace gave us the monthly report for February, which showed a very healthy profit significantly boosted by a marked increase in raffle ticket sales. Average beer consumption was slightly up for the month, this has been attributed to a couple of circles which lasted a little longer than normal. All in all, a very encouraging month.
- Webmaster Report: Wank-King's Wanker had little to report, the website is up to date and running well, the work on upgrading the database will be resumed next month.
- Brew Master Report: VV reported that a new base for the truck had been acquired and that the tax was due before the end of this month. Also there was some minor cosmetic damage to the truck which occurred when it was in use by PDRH3. Repairs will be taken care of by VV. Liberace enquired whether or not any major service was upcoming; VV reported that everything was running well and nothing was planned for the near future.
- Hare Raiser Report: In the absence of the Hare Raiser, WKW gave an update. The May hare line is full already so there are no vacancies for hares at this time. It was mentioned that May hare line was actually full before it was officially opened by the GM at the last run; whilst we appreciate the efforts of the Hare Raiser this is a situation we would seek to avoid in future.
- Rags Report: Sales over the last 4 weeks have been overseen by Emperor Airhead and have been at a very encouraging level, we thank him for stepping up to the role at short notice.
However we now have 2 volunteers to take over Rags on a full time basis, Sour Kraut Bone Collector and French Kiss who will take over in a few weeks when they have purchased a vehicle. EA will take them under his wing and guide them until such time as they are fully prepared to go it alone.
Unstable Load has been doing awards under the tutelage of Sir Free Willy for the last 4 weeks and is now ready to look after them on his own. A discussion led by The Wizard resulted in the following changes to awards, voted for unanimously by the committee present.
• Recipients will have a choice of an embroidered base ball cap, an embroidered polo shirt or a nylon shirt in the style of the traditional survivor shirt.
• Plain white t shirts that have been stored at House screen printers will be collected and as long as they last will be made available for embroidery for award shirts.
• Due to the high prices charged at House Screen our relationship with them is over. The Wizard has found a supplier who can provide baseball caps at half the price we currently pay (600 baht) and embroidered polo shirts for 260 baht less than we are being charged now. Nylon shirts will be provided for approx 250 baht.
• Members that wish to have a personalised or individual shirt may do so, but it will not be the responsibility of the club or the awards man to organise or design these items. The club will contribute up to 400 baht for any such items.
As Unstable Load has assumed full responsibility for awards as from the time of the meeting he was duly voted on to the committee, with thanks from all for undertaking this role.
- On-on Bars Report: No issues were reported, all parties are happy with current arrangements.
- Special Runs:
- Due to a change in circumstances the Hares will not be able to sponsor the forthcoming St Paddy's Day Run, but it was hinted that there may be Irish Whiskey available on the day!
- Arrangements for the Beach Social were finalised
- 2-6pm at Soi 10 Jomtien, Baht buses will be laid on, departing the Buffalo Bar at 1.30 pm. VV has kindly agreed to drive the beer truck and do the BBQ.
- Other Business:
- TW noted that Burl Ives had returned to the hash but has expressed a desire not to be engaged with the circle.
- TW also reported that General Kidney Wiper is about to leave Pattaya and the committee agreed to invite GKW to the next run as our guest for the day, in recognition of his long term association with the club and the many years he has served in many roles on the committee.
- Liberace made an enquiry about procuring coolers and towels for rags, this will be taken care of in due course.
- Liberace also reminded everyone that when spending any money on behalf of the club they have an absolute responsibility to obtain genuine and original receipts, it is not acceptable for members to write out their own receipts in lieu of an original. Monies may not be reimbursed if a proper receipt is not provided.
- Liberace also led a brief discussion on 'christenings' in the circle based on the length of a recently given name.
- Ballringer expressed concerns over PH3 and PJH3 a sites sometimes being in close proximity. He was advised that the PJH3 have a computer program that recognises this situation and automatically generates a warning email. This allowed a potential conflict of A sites last weekend to be resolved with the minimum of fuss.
- Scar delivered thanks from Whoreator upon receipt of some goodies from the 35th Anniversary run.
- The PDRH3 are donating a gazebo to us that they bought and used only once. We appreciate this kind gesture from fellow hashers.
- New Business:
- No New Business
Meeting closed and looking forward for another great month of hashing.