PH3 Mis-Management Meeting
Minutes of Meeting - Wednesday, October 3rd 2018
Attendence: Ball Ringer, Dirt Looney, Jack Wow, Liberace, Paprika Smiley, The Wizard, VV, Wankings Wanker
Recorded by: The Wizard
Minutes of Meeting
- Apologies: General Kidney Wiper, Mental Disorder, Menstrual Disorder
- Previous Minutes: Read and agreed. No matters arising.
- Bookie Report: A deficit of 15,500 baht this month was due to low numbers of sign ups combined with the expense of staging the Veterans run and the purchase of stock for rags. However there is no cause for concern as this loss was not unexpected.
- Webmaster Report: Ongoing progress with the reconstruction of the website, slower than anticipated this month, but again no cause for concern.
- Brew Master Report: Insurance for the beer truck to be paid before the end of this month, minor repairs to the truck seen to by VV. VV will also begin to accumulate extra stock of drinks in anticipation of the onset of the high season and the upcoming Octoberfest run which traditionally attracts a very high number of sign ups.
- Hare Raiser Report: December hare line has just been opened, no issues to report.
- Rags Report: Reported by Liberace that stock levels are at about 90,000b. Discussions will be held with the rags master regarding trying to move old or slow moving stock. No other issues.
- On-on Bars Report: Agreed that we should revert to using our usual 4 on -on bars at the end of October. Using only 2 bars for the last 8 weeks or so has been considered a success. A request from the hares to use a different bar (in Soi 6) after the Octoberfest run was approved.
- Special Runs:
- Octoberfest Run will have food sponsored by the hares (currently 8) and the committee approved the design for a shirt that the hares will produce and supply in limited numbers. The usual A site for this run can be used again after a period when it has been unusable, but will take some work by the hares to bring it up to standard. VV will be assisted by Velcro Dick in transporting food, drink and equipment for this run.
- After 2 years without a Halloween run it will be reintroduced to the calendar this year. Prizes for the best fancy dress will be provided, details to be confirmed with the Rags Master.
- There will be a special run for Guy Fawkes Night (5-11), details to be confirmed with Sir Free Willy (hare).
- Dirt Looney provided a detailed report on the provisional Budget for the 35th anniversary event. Good progress has been made in all areas of planning this month and there are no outstanding problems to be dealt with. Early sign ups have already exceeded 50, so the initial target of 100 early sign ups is well within reach. With the agreement of the regular Hare Raiser, Dirt Looney and The Wizard will take responsibility for the hares for this run.
- Other Business:
- Proposal from Liberace, carried over from last month, 'as from the next AGM, the GM should be offered a free run'. As this had been discussed but not voted on last month, those present were invited to share their views before a vote was taken. The result was 6 in favour, 1 against and 2 abstentions (including 4 proxy votes), so the proposal was carried.
- Dirt Looney asked if the full list of the Mis-management committee could be displayed on the website. This area of the website is still under construction but the list will eventually be available on line.
- Liberace wanted to consider a subsidised run for the hash flash, a proposal will be brought to the table for the next MMM.
- Jack Wow asked for clarification on the policy of smoking on the Baht buses. When on private hire it is not illegal to smoke on the BB, but it was suggested that should anyone feel the need to smoke whilst on the BB they should seek the approval of other passengers, as a matter of courtesy. This was not unanimously agreed and will need further discussion before a decision can be made. Likewise with the issue of passengers sitting on the floor of the bus when seats are available.
- The Wizard suggested a change of location for the MMM as the long standing connection with Jameson's Bar no longer exists. It was agreed that in the future we will convene at Nicky's Bar, who will be happy to accommodate us.
- The Wizard suggested that due to the shortening of the days (becoming dark around 6pm) that the timing of our hashes should be brought forward by 30 minutes to reduce the possibility of runners returning to the A site in the dark. This was agreed, starting on 22-10, with the understanding that the circle will start and finish 30 minutes earlier also. We will make online and circle announcements to ensure everyone is aware of the change to our regular schedule.
- VV had an enquiry regarding the hares for the next run which was dealt with.
- New Business:
- No New Business
Meeting closed and looking forward for another great month of hashing.