Mismanagement Meeting of Wednesday, September 6th 2017
Arse van Hole, Baht Bus Gestapo, Ball Ringer, Lady Snake, Liberace, Rat von Kiel, The Wizard, Unstable Load, VV and Wank-King's Wanker
Recorded by: Wank-King's Wanker
- Apologies: Emperor Airhead, Free Willy, General Kidney Wiper, Lone Wolf and Phantom.
- Minutes from last meeting read and accepted.
- Bookie Report: Liberace reports that with 26,280 Baht up this year, the economy is healthy. Beer consumption is down again this month, but still up a bit higher than year to date last year. Exceptionally high numbers of hashers for the low season with average 81 runners per run this month and 84 year to date up 14 from last year.
- Webmaster Report: Wank-King’s Wanker hopes to commission the new new website this week, next week latest. Major features will be available (Next Run, Run Report and Photos) but the primary thrust is to prepare for database migration to start after new site stabilizes.
- Brew Master Report: VV’s reports that the new batteries have been installed and all is well with the beer truck. Advised that beer inventory is low so he will replentish next week and beer tab will be higher than average.
- Hare Raiser Report: Hareraiser unable to attend. Wank-King’s Wanker reported that October 2nd hares did not agree to be hares and advised him in writing they will not be hares, so October 2nd is open. We should move to fill this date as soon as possible to give new hares time to find a site and set the run. October 30 and Christmas Run are still open.
- Rags Report: Rags unable to attend. Liberace reported that twenty new shirts were purchased – these are replacement stock for items which are running low.
- On On Bars: Liberace is happy with the current four On On bars. The general consensus is that the members are happy with the current bars with high attendence at Nicky’s and Jolly’s especially.
- Special Runs:
- Veterans Run – Veterans Run was judged a success with 83 hashers in attendence of which 45 ran free and received their coffee mug.
- Next special run Octoberfest, hares will advise details at next meeting.
- Other Business:
- A discussion about the hareline was held and ideas for consideration at the next meeting were presented. Belgian visitors in attendence felt that the hareline being full when officially opened made it nearly impossible to get a date that wasn’t months into the future. WKW explained that official policy is that the hareline opens for the three months following the current month. For that third month the hareline is opened to hashers wishing a date and all dates empty excepting pre-booked Special Runs. This practice has not been followed this year. The group consensus is that we need to formallize in writing the hareline rules. Also mentioned was hares should have only one hare per month max to allow more openings for others and give them some rest.
- New Business:
- Liberace raised the point that we should begin finding and training new replacements for committee members in hard to fill positions. Circumstance do arise where a committee member has to leave or is no longer able to continue. This should be tabled at the next meeting.
Meeting closed and looking forward for another great month of hashing.