Pattaya H3

PH3 Mis-Management Meeting
Minutes of Meeting - Wednesday, September 4th 2019

<< Minutes Index Page

Attendence:  The Wizard, Liberace, VV, Wank King’s Wanker, Unstable Load, Sour Kraut Bone Collector, French Kiss, Ball Ringer, Sperm Polluter, Dirt Looney, Jackal, Ging Gang Gooolies

Recorded by:  The Wizard

Minutes of Meeting

  • Apologies:   nil
  • Previous Minutes:   Read and approved.
  • Bookie Report:   The average number of sign ups for the month was 66, for the year to date, 81, which is 4 up on last year. Another small profit was recorded for the month and the club’s financial health is very good.
  • Webmaster Report:   Wank King’s Wanker reported encouraging progress over the recent period and explained in some depth issues regarding the work on the database. His workload has been reduced lately due to assistance received from Dirt Looney who has been managing run photos.
  • Brew Master Report:   VV had no issues or concerns to report. He stated that the recent problem of a certain few members abusing the ‘One beer for the road’ was not in evidence this month. We will continue to monitor the situation.
  • Hare Raiser Report:   In the absence of Sir Free Willy, WKW provided an update. Only one free date in November, the 11th, is open; this is traditionally the Loy Krathong Run. A request of sponsorship of 5,000 baht was made and approved in respect of the Octoberfest Run. The Belgian Run in December to be brought forward by one week in December.
  • Rags Report:   Sour Kraut Bone Collector reported that stock of male shirts in sizes S and XL were low, he will order new stock asap. WKW reported on behalf of SFW that he had ordered 50 coolers of various styles, having been asked to assist with sourcing these items last month. It was confirmed that the cotton ‘award shirts’ that were recovered from House Screen earlier in the year are to be offered as an option to award winners.
  • On-on Bars Report:   Attendances are good and there were no issues reported.
  • Special Runs:
    • Sperm Polluter made a request for sponsorship for a Halloween Run, an offer of up to 5,000 baht was approved.
    • Unstable Load made a suggestion that to reflect the multi-national nature of the Battle of Hastings (upcoming run) that all the committee be involved in this run, with also the possibility of producing a limited number of commemorative shirts. He will provide further concrete plans to members of the committee next week.
  • Other Business:
    • WKW reported that after a suggestion last month that hashers should be recognised for bringing virgins to the runs that monitoring these numbers would prove problematic, thus it was decided to hold this issue in abeyance until such time as the database is fully updated.
    • Dirt Looney asked whether further consideration had been given to purchasing a new camera for the use of hash flash as the current camera is failing in some of its operations. TW will report back to the committee with suitable replacements.
    • VV told us that it was necessary for him to introduce a small increase to the price of the sandwiches that he supplies. This increase of 10 baht is the first increase for 6 years and only necessary due to the fact that his regular supplier of bread has closed down and he now has to pay more for his bread.
    • Unstable Load enquired as to the protocol for awards for exceptional achievements, such as Emperor Airhead’s 1500th run. It was affirmed that it is normal for a special award to be made in conjunction with the run shirt.
    • Liberace asked the committee how long he was expected to keep old receipts and redundant paperwork for, as after 7 years in the role he still retained everything. It was agreed that anything over 2 years old could be safely disposed of.
    • Ball Ringer led a discussion on an apparent trend of there being an increased number of hares for each run. It was agreed that at this stage it is not a major concern for the club at this time, however the situation was worth monitoring.
    • TW reported that the ‘Beer Police’ had concerns about ‘one for the road’ being abused by a very small number of individuals and had sought approval to open all beers being dispersed at the end of the circle. It was decided that efforts would be made to challenge individuals rather than compromise everyone at the end of the circle. If there has been no significant progress in this matter then it will be revisited at next month’s meeting.
    • TW proposed that a second beach social for the year be organised, as we are doing well financially and would like to ‘give back’ to the members who have supported us through the last 6 months. This was agreed upon and a date set for Weds 2 October. VV anticipated some logistical problems from his perspective but was assure of as much support as would be required.
    • TW thanked everyone for their attendance and contributions to another productive meeting.
  • New Business:
    • VV requested that the beer truck be loaned out under the usual conditions to Sperm Polluter and Unstable Load for use on the next Monkey Run. This was approved.
    • Dirt Looney agreed to drive the beer truck in the forthcoming absence of SKBC (whose truck will be driven by VV). VV also requested that when necessary members of the MM committee assist with the erection of the gazebos.
    • WKW reminded the committee that the calendar for 2020 would need to approved at the next MMM.
    • DL asked whether greater importance could be given to keeping the ‘In Memoriam’ page on the website up to date. WKW agreed to this.
    • The Wizard made a recommendation for a new camera for the club and provided details and costing. Liberace asked for an opportunity to take a detailed look at the info after the meeting.
    • TW suggested that the usual conditions should prevail for sign ups for the forthcoming beach social (Oct 2nd). This was agreed and Ball Ringer agreed to assist Liberace with sign ups on the day. It was also agreed that a driver (possibly one of the regular baht bus drivers) be employed to drive the beer truck on this occasion so that VV can fully enjoy himself too.
    • TW thanked everyone for their attendance and contribution to another constructive meeting.

Meeting closed and looking forward for another great month of hashing.

<< Minutes Index Page

Leaving content-ph3-mtg-minutes-post.php

';